Vrai changement pour Montréal - Équipe Bernard Blanchet à Lachine
#Change #Experience #Integrity
We believe that Lachine is ripe for real change and that we have the team to get us there. We want to give citizens a taste for going outside, for moving about, for investing here and for enjoying all the facilities and activities that we will choose together.
Our approach starts from the citizen upwards. We will consult and act with leadership and experience. Our ideas are inspired by the values that each of our candidates embodies: listening, action, integrity.
As soon as we come to power, we will organize a consultative forum with citizens and all of the Borough’s partners, to identify priorities and avenues for action in the short, medium and long term. Our actions will be concrete, coordinated, prompt and thoughtful – with the aim of improving services to citizens and improving their quality of life.
- More accessible citizen services and transparent communication;
- Efficient, safe and reliable transportation solutions that are not purely based on automobile transportation;
- Safe streets and community programs to restore public confidence;
- Positions for economic and community responsibility for the Saint-Pierre District and Notre-Dame Street;
- Measures to stimulate business and to develop the local economy;
- An intergenerational approach that responds to the needs and interests of citizens - including appropriate and adapted sports and leisure equipment for all ages and abilities;
- Family-oriented activities, including a Children's House that will provide stimulating activities;
- Quality infrastructure, maintained, monitored and repaired by Lachine employees;
- Urban planning on a human scale, taking into account the environment and sustainable development;
- Transparency in financial decisions and sound management of public funds.
Our major projects:
- Lachine-East: A sustainable and ecological community, gateway to Old Lachine and a new employment hub;
- Lachine Blue: Enhancement of our magnificent lakefront and our pools, both for competition and recreational swimming;
- Saint-Pierre: The means to support community and economic development and to strongly reconnect with the surroundings.